Dualsporting a CRF450x?

L

Lonewolf

Guest
Hey all,

Has anyone recently done a CRF450x or R dual sport/sumo conversion and gotten it plated? As far as I can figure I would have to apply for a BC assigned VIN and then get a provincial inspection. Is this correct?

As for the inspection I guess I need:

A proper running/brake lite
A hydraulic brake switch
Mirror (left side)
Horn
Switch pod
Turn signal/high beam indicator
Headlight w/ Hi/low beam
Turn signals

and of course DOT tires....

Am I missing anything here? just looking for some info from thos who have done it, heard there were a couple DS'd CRF's at the Orca run this last weekend and I decided its time to do mine!

Thanks in advance!

Pat:D
 
L

Lonewolf

Guest
imported post

imported post

heard about big changes, hoping to push though before they come into effect... otherwise i'm going to have to sell and buy a factory dual sport... :shoot:
 
L

Lonewolf

Guest
imported post

imported post

Heh!

Got the bike out of inspection today and stopped by to get insurance, all is well, just have to go back with the bill of sale tomorrow and I'm officially Dual sported!

Going to have to pull all these ugly arse DRZ fenders and stuff off it now though! Aint she purdy :p
 

Attachments

  • DSC_2517 [1024x768].JPG
    DSC_2517 [1024x768].JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 0

SubMann

New member
imported post

imported post

Lonewolf wrote:
Heh!

Got the bike out of inspection today and stopped by to get insurance, all is well, just have to go back with the bill of sale tomorrow and I'm officially Dual sported!

Going to have to pull all these ugly arse DRZ fenders and stuff off it now though! Aint she purdy :p
Nicely done! There aren't many Hondas around. Now don't tell Zulutango that you're taking the DRZ trinkets off! He he.
 
L

Lonewolf

Guest
imported post

imported post

SubMann wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
Heh!

Got the bike out of inspection today and stopped by to get insurance, all is well, just have to go back with the bill of sale tomorrow and I'm officially Dual sported!

Going to have to pull all these ugly arse DRZ fenders and stuff off it now though! Aint she purdy :p
Nicely done! There aren't many Hondas around. Now don't tell Zulutango that you're taking the DRZ trinkets off! He he.
I'm sure he and his cohorts wouldn't know the diff between the DRZ stuff and the nice small, unobtrusive LED units that will be going on... ;)
 
L

Lonewolf

Guest
imported post

imported post

Yea...

DOT Tires + wiring harness (from vancouversupermoto.com) + your choice of signals... Basicly that's it

farmerger wrote:
Feel like doing a little how to write up?:D
 
Top