• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

Husqvarna 701 Clutch Slave Cylinder

WRXARD

The clutch on my 701 failed while deep off road leaving me in a bad predicament. I understand this is a weakness of the bike. Can anyone recommend an upgrade to the 701 clutch system?

JeremyDR200SE

I don’t see how the seal got damaged. I wonder if it was during manufacturing. I haven’t lost any fluid yet. Thanks for the heads up. I think there’s an o ring under the damaged seal. What’s your delivery time from blue streak? I left a message with them as well. Just waiting to hear back.

WRXARD

The clutch slave got shipped from Blue Streak on Dec 17th so I have not got it yet. I know Blue Streak (Tony) has stock so it would be the current shipping time for stuff coming from back east.
Apparently the seal damage occurs a lot but the Oberon is a different seal design and material which is more reliable. Time will tell I guess. Husqvarna should do something, it is hurting them.

WRXARD

Got my Oberon slave today. Here is what the seal looks like. Not much different from JeremyDR200SE's photo ... Let's hope the difference is in the reliability!

Attachments

• IMG_0971.JPG
    IMG_0971.JPG
    708.8 KB · Views: 2