KVR Information

matrix17

As soon as you locate the trail, or what you can see of it, it is absolutely covered in felled/downed 'danger trees' from the fire ...you can't even really see the trail!

I have no idea who is responsible for trail maintenance, but with some powers saws and a few days, these sections will be fine. No idea about re-beaming and decking the bridge, tho.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
As soon as you locate the trail, or what you can see of it, it is absolutely covered in felled/downed 'danger trees' from the fire ...you can't even really see the trail!

I have no idea who is responsible for trail maintenance, but with some powers saws and a few days, these sections will be fine. No idea about re-beaming and decking the bridge, tho.
No one is "in charge" of trail maintenance, usually volunteer groups, certainly not Government (they only close stuff)

matrix17

No one is "in charge" of trail maintenance, usually volunteer groups, certainly not Government (they only close stuff)
I'd certainly head out there early next season with my saw and help out! But....where do the beams and decking come from for the bridge?!20211008_152718.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rustic

DSBC President / BCORMA Director
Staff member
There are three active ATV clubs up there and The Great Trail will want to get it fixed/cleared as it is part of thr Great Trail (Trans Canada Trail.)
I will send some emails and get talking.... good thing is that is out of you know who Rec Officers area.

Last edited:

Ando__

Took me a minute until my brain registered that this bridge was a no go. At first I was thinking ya that’ll go……then seeing all those pointy metal bits

Attachments

• 1CF57323-69C2-442D-808A-A7A54FFD5540.jpeg
    1CF57323-69C2-442D-808A-A7A54FFD5540.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

Rustic

Staff member
We'll be lucky if the spans and foundations are even still there, this is the same river that took out several highway bridges

matrix17

Anyone had a chance to go and look at the state of the KVR around the spur and Brookmere? With all the damage that occured further down with all the Nov flooding, I am really wondering what will be left of it?

Rustic

Staff member
The line going from Brodie north towards Merrit had Two burnt trestles and then the Rainneventnin Nov took out a long stretch of railed but that looks maybe passable by motorcycle but not sxs. East to Tulameen report is passable kettle damage. South and east from Tulameen it appears one trestle lost with another with embankment washed out. Sections of railed reported as lost. East of Princeton to Castlegar report no fire or Nov rain event damage.

leeloo

A bit of shameless self-promotion here....Admins can move this if it's in the wrong section, or whatever.

I have a work-in-progress here: https://kvradventures.blogspot.com/ that others can use for information, directions or other intel. Although it is not complete at this time, I hope to finish it over then next season or two, barring any "unforeseen circumstances".
This information will outline which portions or sections of KVR are currently multi-use and which are non-motorized.
I'm also hoping to include some GPX files, available for download with routes, distances, waypoints, etc.

Anyways...give it a look. I'm not making any money off it...it's strictly a labour of love for now. Feel free to leave comments and/or constructive criticism if you wish.
Hi TW Rider - many thanks for your KVR information. I'm in the planning stages of giving this system a go this summer.

Sasquatch690

Hello, Just wondering if there are any recent updates to the KVR Trail. I am looking to do this in early September 2023. Thanks!