LOOSE SCREW 2009

Big Booger

New member
imported post

imported post

':help' My gps is ill but I'd like to do the C2 route. I'm looking for a riding partner. I'm not the type to slow anyone down. Thanks,
Greg
 

joker650

Active member
imported post

imported post

TLGREEN wrote:



Hey guys! Kinda off topic but, I was thinking of bringing my Mtn bike for Sunday to try out some trails as I heard the riding is awesome out there for that as well.



Any of you loopians know the trails & could either show me around or give me the details as to where they are & if they are shuttle-able as my mtn bike is set up for downhill only.



Thanks in advance for any info.



Tracy





http://www.kamloops.ca/bikeranch/index.shtml



http://www.kamloops.ca/pdfs/bikeranch/bikeranchmap.pdf



http://www.kamloops.ca/pdfs/bikeranch/location.pdf
 

Dorky

Moderator
imported post

imported post

Big Booger wrote:
':help' My gps is ill but I'd like to do the C2 route. I'm looking for a riding partner. I'm not the type to slow anyone down. Thanks,
Greg
There havebeen some other discussions about the C2 route. With any luck I'll be allowed to come out and ride it with you guys. If not, I'm sure there will be others who will adopt you.
 

TLGREEN

New member
imported post

imported post

Dorky wrote:
TLGREEN wrote:
I was thinking of bringing my Mtn bike for Sunday


:shock:are those the ones with no motor?:shock:

I know....weird hey? & they have these funny footpegs that move & stuff. I still haven't figured out why the clutch makes the bike stop so damn fast...must be defective..:X:p
 

klrroo

Member
imported post

imported post

Me and my brother are going to ride to the site early saturday morning instead of camping over on Friday, is that cool with signing in and all that?
 

joker650

Active member
imported post

imported post

klrroo wrote:
Me and my brother are going to ride to the site early saturday morning instead of camping over on Friday, is that cool with signing in and all that?
SAturday sign in will start about 6:30am
Not sure how much time there will be to sign up Sat morning. There might be many Sat signers.



Just to make it easy......If ya can make it friday ride out Friday night, have a brew and smokie and sign up.:)

:ted:Don't forget to buy ur draw tickets :ted:
 

Matty-D

New member
imported post

imported post

Harper Mountain is the place to roll (for mountain biking) around Kamloops. Plenty of challengesfor riders of all skill levels. Just head out towards Harper ski hill and there is a parking lot at the bottom (before the gravel road) right at the lake. There should be plenty of people riding on Sunday to show you around.



The guys at [email protected] might even have a map for you.
 

TLGREEN

New member
imported post

imported post

Awesome! Thanks Matt!

I don't mind riding by myself as long as there is someone to collect my broken carcass from the trail after I crash....:shock:

Tracy
 
F

FishTaco

Guest
imported post

imported post

Hi everyone,

New to DS BC, first time post.

I hope this is not too far off topic. I am leaving for the Loose Screw Friday afternoon. I will be leaving from Langley anytime after 1pm. If someone or group is looking for a tail wind I would like to ride with you. Let me know.

See ya in a few days.

JR
 

04klr

Well-known member
imported post

imported post

ditto on the Harper ride, my fav.local gravity ride, would like to go for a ride, maybe if the sunday clean-up goes quick,,AND it isn't a million degrees out! Wayne.
 

sagot

Member
imported post

imported post

Soooo. I don't mean to be a downer here :Dbut are we still a go with the fire situation???
 

TLGREEN

New member
imported post

imported post

I guess they figured with all the beer drinking that will be going on, you guys would be able to put any fire out yourselves....:p

TL


Great pic of the Mutt BTW....
 

Dorky

Moderator
imported post

imported post

There is a campfire ban in the Kamloops area. Propane devices were banned but are now allowed again.

There is a restricted area order for the Terrace Mtn. fire area near Kelowna.

There is a request to voluntarily "stay out of backcountry regions where ever possible" across the Kamloops region. There is not (as of today) a back-country ban in this area. (Cross your fingers).

Obviously, the forest fire situation is extreme and we must be extra vigilant. All bikes on this ride must have an approved spark arrestor and smoking in the woods is strongly discouraged.
 

joker650

Active member
imported post

imported post

No Fires on the Loose Screw site

No portable gas flames

If u need to BBQ we would rather u come and use our big Q's at the cooking station. This area will be kept watered and KOOL and open 24hrs a day:cool:



If ur a smoker....PLEASE butt the smokes in a bottle or ash tray. The bottle trick works really good.;)





.....and other than that ya better have one hell of a good time. Remember, the river is awsome for swimming/bathing. Just keep ur clothes on if there are kids on the beach :hr:





I'm off

CYA There :hf:
 
imported post

imported post

well mother in law ended up in hospital the morning so I cant make the ride this year:?so have to wait another year ! somebody have my first entry beer and enjoy!happy trails..chad.:hb:
 
Top