Northward ho! Getting squishy in Squamish, and beyond...

offworlder

Is it possible to ride from Chance Creek FSR -> Squamish Valley(Branch 200)? If so do you have a GPS track you can post?
I can see one route/option but don't want to push it if it is not doable.
Chance Creek does connect to the SRV, but posting that route here is sure to result in it getting closed. Also, not sure if its passable as of the recent fire on Cloudburst Mountain - road was closed last time I was through there...

Hi SNW, yes absolutely, easy peasy when pretty dry right now! There is a "connector" linking Chance and Cloudburst (Branch 200). I just lead another group ride this Saturday and went through the other way around.

Chance Creek does connect to the SRV, but posting that route here is sure to result in it getting closed. Also, not sure if its passable as of the recent fire on Cloudburst Mountain - road was closed last time I was through there...
The fire is out now but I saw "Active logging" signs on Branch 200 turn-off so be careful. It's pretty easy to find.IMG_8394.jpg

SMW

Hi SNW, yes absolutely, easy peasy when pretty dry right now! There is a "connector" linking Chance and Cloudburst (Branch 200). I just lead another group ride this Saturday and went through the other way around.
Thanks to you and @offworlder I didn't give up when I hit the tougher section at the top; I'm still a beginner so really impressed you guys make it through that stuff with your Big Bikes! I struggle to pick up my 450 when things don't work out as planned.IMG_5646.jpg

Yes, its a go! :cool:
Here is the details copied form the FB event page:

TOMORROW AT 9:30 AM PDT​

Whislife Hump Day​

Because any day is better spent on your bike, let's ride next Wednesday around Whistler!

🛣
Route: 2 zones on the menu, exploring FSR along the Soo River (80km top), linking back through Cougar Mtn then back south on the 99.
Next is Callaghan FSR and up Sproat Mtn (25Km). Bonus photoshoot at Northair mines.

⚠️
Difficulty level (probably) ranging from 1 to 4 as per the ADV bike gathering chart in the comment below.
Mostly exploring FSR but if we try to push toward the dead-end we might encounter "not so smooth" deactivated FSR...

🍔
We will do a quick coffee stop in Whistler at 11:30 but pack food and water for an on-mountain lunch.
(Gas station there for the smaller tanks)

🛠
As always, pack your toolkit and flat repair kit

When: Wednesday 25, meetup at 9:30AM

➡️
Chevron Gas Station, Exit 7
(3690 Westmount Rd, West Vancouver, BC V7V 3G9)

➡️
Additional meetup point in Whistler at 11/11:15AM at Cranked Expresso Bar
111-8200 Bear Paw Trail, Whistler, BC V8E 1M2

Ando__

Saw a bunch of ktms and wr at the climbers parking lot in front of the chief yesterday. Was that some of you guys?

offworlder

We completed a truly EPIC loop yesterday; Hurley, Mud Lakes, Poison Mountain, Yalakom, Duffy Lake Road. Conditions were perfect, water crossings were low, the hills were high extreme, and we left no rider behind!

Top of Poison Mountain:
Poison.jpg

filterx

Been on my bucket list for like 12 years and maybe at some point in the future if I can still remember how to ride a bike :)