2009 Rides

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Fantastic pics, not much needs to be said, the thoughts and memories sent me off to bed with a smile last night... and should keep me going for a while. That being said let's do it again soon before the snow flies. I really want to try trapper, or explore more up the nass but that may have to wait. I am good I think for a half day ride one day this weekend and hope to get up top of Copper once or twice this week. Post here if you want to come , it's under an hour to the top of the world looking over Terrace. 5 or so I can be out...any takers?

sparklr

imported post

imported post

Certainly was a beautiful day for a ride. Even the ride out with the oven mitts was warmer than I had anticipated, almost over dressed for the occasion. What's with the early birds all of a sudden? Not much more to be said other than hopefully more of these to follow until the riding season comes to an end and already looking forward to next years' adventures. The more the merrier seems adequate. Great pics Steve, I thought I'd throw in a few just for the entertainment value.

Even the Naked Finn felt obligated to pass on this swim. Although he had a towel.

Who want's to see a view of Terrace when you can see this?

Action photos. Neck 'n' Neck, the ol' timers trying to prove which Pig is sexier.

Hmm, an icy mud path prevails?

Blue Pig wins!:clap:

Now with all the ups and Downs, only a few moments are captured. Sorry Michael.

As usual, steepness in the photo is uncorrected. So is the tenderness following the aftermath of this misfortunate dismount. But one has to appreciate the novelty of owning a Kickstarter.

If all else fails, try try again!

No glory for me as I made it up and chose to lay it down on the top, but first implementing an astonishing pirouette ( an Olympic 10, being modest of course). Thanks to the Pig Squat 'n' Lift team for the upright!

Without getting in to detail of all the ups and Downs other than they were fairly minor, I would have to suggest that they were result of an epic day and getting tired. I slept like a log and slugged through a Monday of work, thinking Sunday was worth every moment and can't wait to do another one.

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Ahh, nobody quite does it like Mica. Great writeup. :hb::clap::clap:

Anyone want our old big woodstove? Getting a new one today. Just need to recover the gov rebate cost which is I think $250, other than that nominal fee I'd rather see her be used than destroyed. If interested let me know ASAP before we take her to be scraped.

To bad the pics can't quite describe the views up there, but excellent try guys. I'll be looking at them with longing all winter long. Gotta show them to the lady and make her green with envy.

Kermode_Klr

imported post

imported post

As usual Steve and Mica have captured for posterity the evidence of a great days riding.

Sorry Warren by the time I got home last night it was to late to think about riding. I have a feeling today will not be any better. If it is I will give you a shout.

At the weekend it will have to be Saturday for me. Our18 year oldis back from college for a couple of days. Desperate to get away and equally desperate to get home:)

How about a trip to Kitsault on Saturday?

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

I can't get out tonight, but Wed should be good. Kitsault would require a couple tankers to tag along for you and I don't yet know the schedule for the weekend, but a whole long day like that may not be feasible....but it may, just not sure yet. Definitely will do something with you that day for a bit though unless it's pouring.

sparklr

imported post

imported post

Kitsault!! Wooie that would be fun, but North is correct in saying that it is an all day'r if to be fully enjoyed. These last few sunny days are quite luring and Sunday looks like the better day for any such epic. Bad news is I think I would have to bow out, for one it's a long weekend with the family, two, imagine if you can the innocent looking scowl on your wife's charming face that reminds you of an anvil falling from great altitude on Wile E. Coyote's noggin as you tell her about another day in the backcountry. And for three, the missus drooled about the Trapper pics and has requested I take her for a little escapade. How does one say no to that?

But as North might recall there is a gate that is really fun to practice your bypass technique on. However, it is now Private Property and the owner has requested that you announce your intentions of visiting. If you do by chance opt to go and leave me behind I would resort to nasty name calling. On a more serious note though, I believe we need to respect the wishes of the Owner/Operator and request permission. I have the name and number, PM or email me if you need it.

:hb:

Kitimat KLR

imported post

imported post

sparklr wrote:
Blue Pig wins!:clap:
....Actually I was on standby to help pick up the blue pig....again:Stir. "ol timers" indeed ...I don't remember dumping my bike! ...ah, now I recall why - wisdom prevailed. Anyway, stepping off is different to wiping out!

Nice report Mika. Once again great day out and it's a simple pleasure just to be out there. I'm flying out East next weekend so there won't be a pink tanker pig available for Kitsault. If you go, have a great time. Hopefully I'm back for the 17-18th (?)

BTW if anyone's interested I can post some pics of a few old bikes (me & my dad)...a couple have knobbies so not too far off topic ...let me know?

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

You know we like pics Steve just post the damn things already!

Mica I just say no and walk away....or even better pretend you didn't hear her:shock:

We both know those tactics are only short term fixes and don't work for long though. Still no firm turkey plans around here so I dunno yet but I am pretty sure I won't be doing the kitsault run again this year....at least this weekend.

Gold broke out yesterday so I am extra busy this week. Let the good times roll!!

Kitimat KLR

imported post

imported post

klrnorth wrote:
You know we like pics Steve just post the damn things already!

Seriously? OK ...here's some in my Gallery (amidst the other junk)...you know the drill...click the pic and scroll through...see if you can spot the bikes with Knobby Tyres?

Here's one...

PS ...I/We no longer have these bikes & don't know where they are now.

sparklr

imported post

imported post

Those are some Kool pics, I wouldn't mind taken any of those for a spin!

:clap:

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Fantastic pics Steve. Those must bring back alot of good memories. Love the RE, looks so sweet.

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

I may be able to roam around later today, but I have to get some work done here this morning. Keep me posted on the time of departure and I will find out for sure once Autumn gets up.

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Anyone riding this PM or tomorrow? I will try and head out this PM maybe to sterling. But I'm easy. Any takers?

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Dito...tried for sterling today but hit a bog early into the trail which turned me around...tooo bad. Maybe something else tomorrow.

Kitimat KLR

imported post

imported post

Is anyonestill alive and kicking? ...I've still got tags on the bike 'til 2-Nov.

Any brave souls venturing out this weekend? ...looks like the usual cold wet & windy

I may "road-run" through to Terraceif only toblow off some cobwebs :shoot:

Do you want to meet up for coffee somewhere? ...if it's not to bad we could "putter" along Whitebottom or something similar?

drbike

imported post

imported post

I still have tags and if you make it coffee in Houston I will treat....its only a little jaunt and the colors would be nice, I might even be able to see a little blue on the tips of your fingers....

Kitimat KLR

imported post

imported post

LOL .... :) ....maybe I could nip thro' Telkwa Pass - it's supposed to be a bit shorter that way so I wouldn't be in the cold for too long....

Good to hear from you...hope the healing is almost done (?)

P.S. If you make it to Terrace...I'll buy breakfast (on the KLR)