2009 Rides

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

I could be up for a whitebottom run. I think we could get all the way to split mountain now that the water level is way down...or maybe not since it's been raining.

Got the usual sat morning work session but a few hours should do I hope.

Kitimat KLR

imported post

imported post

Some stuff to do but I'll probably leave just after noon so could meet in Terrace about 1pm. I wasn't looking for anything too adventurous - we've had a lot of heavy rain.

Will check back here just before 12:00 if anyone want to meet up - just say where?

11:30....leaving soon...should be at Terrace "4-Way Stop/Kickstart" by 12:45 ...If I don't see anyone I will "putter off" ...mmm, doesn't seem too bad out there

BTW - hada pretty little ride along Whitebottom following the Skeena ...how far does that trail go? ...it just kept on going....

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

not done work yet, it's one of those days. I'll try and get out this afternoon for a quick jaunt but I can't lay any concrete plans at the moment.

Kermode_Klr

imported post

imported post

Rain or shine I may head out for a ride at some point today. This is it for me (dual-sport) as my tags are up at the end of the month. Next weekend is a no go with kid's sport and travel plans.

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

I think my insurance is up today...it's hard to tell because the plate is covered in mud...does that count? Would pleading ignorance work....or would the cops even bother to rub the plate off??

If worse comes to worse I can just head up kitselas road for an exploration run...I still haven't explored the whole loggin area up there for some reason...I guess it's too close by to call it an adventure run.

Kitimat KLR

imported post

imported post

:worth:Yup, I'm getting ready for hibernation - tags ran out on 2-Nov. Tried the Wedeene last week-end but the washouts were dreadful. What used to be a tiny rocky dent in the road was a 20ft wide x 4ft deep raging torrent full of random boulders - I waded knee deep part way acrossbut chickened outwith the bike (as usual) - found some other trails with lots of wheel-deep ponds.

I'll start stripping the pig downonce I get the muck off it and get a look at the valves, bearings and stuff ...see what's loose,bent, brokenand what's dropped off. Anyone know how to check the rear suspension unit?

"PM" me if anyone local is looking at doing their Doo this winter - I have the tools, spare gaskets (just in case) etc - If you want "help" checking the valves, shims or whatever - drop me a note.

Happy Winter Everyone ...only 5 months to go!

:hb:

drbike

imported post

imported post

Dam your right only 5 more months, and people say we have a short season.;)

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Anyone affected by Eurocan? Hope not.

I suppose I'll have to clean her and get her ready for the winter as well, although I am pretty sure I will have to do a couple rides out Kitselas road...if this rain ever stops.

Supposed to be quite the "weather bomb" as they say on the weather network coming through here the next few days. Getting windy already:X

Anyone needs any help with stuff let me know, not that I know much, but I can pretend to help while drinking your beer:hb:

So KitimatKLR YES I know exactly how to do the rear shock:D

sparklr

imported post

imported post

Officially I will be unemployed Jan 31st, same as the Goose. I'm looking for work now and the Goose potentially has some gigs in the area. Such is life.:spl:

As for riding, I am still plated and willing to ride. Did a few road jaunts to test out the heaters, aahhh! Can't really ride till next week sometime as I have gibbled my arm again and it needs recovery time. My intention is to ride until the FSRs are no longer manageable. For Nov it'll be weekdays only until I get off the weekend rotation. I'll post when I'm going if anyone wants to tag along.

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Sorry to hear that Mica, that sucks ass. Quite the shock eh. Hope you can find something around here, maybe even move to Terrace so your closer to the action.

Hope we can get out again, but I am limited unless I keep the mud on the plate, to kitselas road up here by my house.

Keep in touch and let me know if you need anything.

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Anyone still riding? Freezing around these days. What's this I hear about a Ural in Houston? How 'bout some pics or something....anything. Maybe I'll just check out the website. Can't wait until spring. That last real ride up trapper and beyond was awesome!!

bchunter

imported post

imported post

I went for a ride today. I did about ten laps in the heated shop :) I adjusted the shifter lever and wanted to see if it was right. I am hoping to put some studs on my 79 TS 250 tires and get that ol baby out in January either on a lake or in the bush. I just have to figure out the length of studs for my tires then I can order them. That is the plan anyways.

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

The studs sounds fun. Must be a big shop. Can't wait until spring you'll have to head this way or meet in the pass once passable for a ride.

bchunter

imported post

imported post

I can't do a full circle, I basicly drive for a bit, do a three point turn, and drive back, but at least it is still riding.

I totally agree on doing the pass when it is good to go. I have a friend here with a plated WR450 and we have been talking about it. I am sometimes in Terrace for work, and when I go I plan on bringing the bike to ride after work, so I will post up when I am heading that way.

Have a great Christmas.

maDDtraPPer

imported post

imported post

I'm finally coming home to Prince Rupert/Tlell on the 15th and will be doing lots of riding on the Queen Charlottes over the next month for anyone who gets sick of interior winter and wants to go for a ride.

bchunter

imported post

imported post

If I can make it to the Charlottes at some point I will look you up. I am dying to take my new to me DR 650 for a real rip.

klrnorth

imported post

imported post

Well as most of you know I've been relegated to lurker, and am now doing it on the east coast. I guess the only good thing about that is that we got a wicked wind and rain storm the other night. There was only maybe six inches of snow to begin with, but by morning it was all gone except where it had been piled up. Ya even the roads too.

SO I had the pleasure of taking the DRZ for a little rip in the morning around the little, then bigger block. By afternoon time I'd checked the forecast and the 8 degrees just wasn't gonna last. Took her for a good twenty minute rip around the ol' neighborhood before dinner since it may still be another couple months before I get out again.

Didn't bother with pictures since it was a highly illegal burn and had to be done in stealth mode.

Anyhow...beat ya to it Mika! It's not looking like I'll be out there at all this summer, but perhaps in the fall on my way to greener pastures. Rest assured I'll be watching over you guys though, and I may post some flat riding stuff from here. Hope you guys are all well and ready, or getting ready for the summer.

Hope you guys end up making it up north, that would be fantastic.

sparklr

imported post

imported post

"Anyhow...beat ya to it Mika!":gaah:I really don't think non-plated rides should count, especially illegal ones! However, I'll give you it anyways. Was almost tempted to slap a plate on Piggie, it's not that cold here and already many chances for road rides, but the novelty would probably be short lived with no FSR's ready yet. It's been so warm here and the snowfalls have been minimal this winter. Terrace area already starting to look snow free in spots. I'm seeing an early start this year, can't wait!

Hope things are going well for you and looking forward to some of your ride pics.

maDDtraPPer

imported post

imported post

I did a Christmas day 1 hour ride on East beach to Tlell River, and I did an 1/2 day ride 140 KMS from Tlell-Port Clements (fuel)-Juskatla-Rennel Sound-QCC. All logging roads it was pretty sweet ride some snow and ice in the mountains at elevation but Rennel Sound was amazing. Passed over 100 side roads. Next trip it's a GPS and side road exploration. Maybe try and cut some single track to connect the two mains so you can do a full off road loop. I'll be back in March for those who want to participate.