Chilcotin Adventure - July 8 - 15, 2006

Taxguy

imported post

imported post

Thanks Tom, I've got the camera charged and the extra memory cards packed and will post the pics.

The new back tire goes on tonight and then I'm ready to roll!:hb:

J

Jimbo

imported post

imported post

Sounds like a plan....see you guys bright & early.....I'll be the guy on the motorcycle who looks like he hasn't had any coffee yet:hb:

Randaroo

imported post

imported post

I gotta say this one has been eating me up. For months I've been watching this thread.

I can only get the weekend but would realy like to tag along till sunday.

Could i meet you guys at the Forestry bridge over the lilloette river at the bottom of the Hurley? (thats at the end of the pavement before the hill). I'm guessing about 10:30?

should i call Cariboo lodge to reserve, or expect to pass-out in the pub? (again)

The hill after Churn could be my challenge as I still have those crappy tires on, but wanna try, try again. I figure those mirrors are gonna snap off someday anyways.

last time I rode motorpickle in that area was about 15 years ago and only once onto the Chinahead. So you can imagine how I'm chomping to go.

I'll check back here later today after I take the beer bottles in for gas money.

imported post

imported post

The more the merrier! Will be great to have an extra hand pushing me up the big hill after the Churn crossings. Need one more trip to totally burn off my back knobs.

Taxguy and KLR-Eric have been looking after the accomodations, but I'd think we can accomodate you, got to keep the local pubs decent.

See you where the pavement ends.

Taxguy

imported post

imported post

We have a suite at the Cariboo Lodge so we'll have no trouble fitting you in, if you can make it back up from the pub.

See you tomorrow:hb:

Taxguy

imported post

imported post

Everybody get home OK? I had a helluva plane ride down from Anahim Lake and bounced into Vancouver on Wednesday afternoon.

I am now planning a trip north to retrieve the DR:tup:

J

Jimbo

imported post

imported post

I got home safe & sound on Saturday afternoon. Our trip down the hill and Bella Coola went well....cool & cloudy but minimal rain. The gravel road was in great condition.....we met a guy from Edmonton who had just done the hill on a Hayabusa!...a lot of people don't know that the road is not paved all the way.

I'm sorting through pictures etc, unpacking stuff etc.....will post when I get done....let me know if you guys want a CD.

It was a great trip for me Taxguy....other than a few bumps and bruises....we saw a lot of fabulous country and had lots of variety in riding conditions....I learned a lot. I owe many thanks for the help you guys provided....especially KLR-Eric :tup:.

Thanks for all your organization and planning Taxguy.

Randaroo

imported post

imported post

good to find you guys on last sterday AM. Great ride over the ChinaHead, near miss at the ferryboat.

Taxes, waaa happened?

Got some realy nice shots but have no idea how to post them. Usualy email to friends and enemies, but posting them is a bit of a lost science to me yet.

I returned the way I had planned , from the bridge at Gang Ranch through the Big,little, fat, skinny Bar area to the Ferry again and over the WEst pavilian road. Spectacular scenery, big horn sheep too. Got home about 8. Sorry to leave you guys only part way but looking over my shoulder the rain at that moment was black and bleek. I'd have gone withif I could. the work week that was waiting for me was worse than the rain.(well duuu)

When i get it figured Ill post the pictures.

I'll do that route again, though through Yotel camp to the back side of Churn park, Gang ranch is a possibility too.

N

nh

imported post

imported post

Hey, I'm the guy who was on the KTM at the Mud Lakes campsite you were talking to. Hope you guys managed to claw your way up the first climb with all that gear and whatnot. Sure was glad I was heading back home to the floating chair in the pond at my house down the road by Tyax.

Anyhow, I rode back to Seattle the next day. And I'm riding back up there again on Friday for some of the secret mountain bike goods I was scouting that day I saw you.:tup:

J

Jimbo

imported post

imported post

We all did make it to the top although was not pretty for me....Taxguy, Randaroo & Islandswede made it from there to Big Bar crossing via China Head with a fast run just in time to catch the last ferry...literally minutes.....Eric KLR graciously kept me company on the easier route dowm Yalokum....we made it to Clinton about 10pm.....one long day since we left home about 6am.

eric-klr

imported post

imported post

Hey Jim , Glad to hear everyone got home safe . I passed on Nemaiah Valley, It was raining hard . Spent the night in Lone Butte, next day Clinton -Kelly Lake -Big Bar ferry - across the river -100 K down to Lillooet . The west side of the Fraser River is something to see ! 2800 k for me. Great job posting the pictures.

J

Jimbo

imported post

imported post

Glad to hear you made the Big Bar Eric. How is the road on the west side of the Fraser?

2800k....boy I bet you were glad to see your driveway come in sight!

If you want a cd with pictures on....let me know.

Thanks for all your help on the trip.:clap:

J

Jimbo

imported post

imported post

Hey Lars....great pics!!....don't throw out that camera!

malachi

imported post

imported post

Taxguy wrote:
Everybody get home OK? I had a helluva plane ride down from Anahim Lake and bounced into Vancouver on Wednesday afternoon.

I am now planning a trip north to retrieve the DR:tup:
....what happened???:?