DSBC and the Vancouver Motorcycle Show

donbcivil

New member
imported post

imported post

Thinking about coming up for this show, though I'm an utter n00b at dual-sporting and just discovered this forum recently.

Maybe there's some way in which I could still help, e.g., toting barges and lifting bales, printing out flyers or pics?

I'd probably be coming up Saturday morning and staying all day. I'm interested in seeing how the BC show differs from the Seattle show (which is in a couple weeks). Maybe some models we can't get down here...isn't the Yamaha Tenere available up there?

Hope to meet more of you soon,

Don
 

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

donbcivil wrote:
Thinking about coming up for this show, though I'm an utter n00b at dual-sporting and just discovered this forum recently.

Maybe there's some way in which I could still help, e.g., toting barges and lifting bales, printing out flyers or pics?

I'd probably be coming up Saturday morning and staying all day. I'm interested in seeing how the BC show differs from the Seattle show (which is in a couple weeks). Maybe some models we can't get down here...isn't the Yamaha Tenere available up there?

Hope to meet more of you soon,

Don

Don

I have sent you a PM

-Judy-
 

Fishnbiker

New member
imported post

imported post

I can't remember seeing any Teneres here. The web info comes from Europe only.

I'm planning to go to the Abbotsford show on Friday. Usually, our local RAT packs have a brekkie meet on Saturday morning early enough to get at the show by 10:00. Any chance you can get there? Somewhere near the airport where the show is held. I can pass on directions once the location is set.


Ken/Fishnbiker
 

donbcivil

New member
imported post

imported post

Ken,

I'm planning to head up there so there's time fora breakfast break.

This sounds like a lot of fun!

Don
 

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

I have sent a PM to all those peoplewho have volunteered to help at the Show.

I'd like to start making the volunteer schedule so we can have an idea of how many more volunteers we need. Plus we need to put in the order for the :tup:Limited Edition 2009 Souvenier DSBC sweatshirt that all volunteers will receive. Please check your inboxes and get back to me.

If you haven't receieved the PM please let me know.

If there are more members that wish to volunteer please PM me as soon as possible.

-Judy-

 

zokalr13

Member
imported post

imported post

how come KELOWNA doesnt get its own MOTORCYCLE show?? we have all the oil patch ALBERTANS and boomer VANCOUVERITES dying to spend $$$$$ on new rides...cmon,PROSPERA,BOOK IT!!!:D
 
K

Kawasakied

Guest
imported post

imported post

Hi Jude. I can be available anytime except Friday AM. --Ed
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Now that we have Christmas and New Years done with, its time to think about motorcycles

Some of you went to the Seatle Show in December and found in a little lacking, but if you look at all the things going on at this years Vancouver Show it seems it will be the biggest yet.

check out the events including the endurocross which DSBC ins invovled in

http://www.sportshows.ca/VanCycle/events.htm

TT
 

donbcivil

New member
imported post

imported post

tomcycle wrote:
Some of you went to the Seatle Show in December and found in a little lacking, but if you look at all the things going on at this years Vancouver Show it seems it will be the biggest yet.

I heard that the Seattle show was kinda boring.

The exhibitor list for Abbotsford looks pretty cool:
http://www.sportshows.ca/VanCycle/links.htm

I'm really jazzed about attending...
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

January 20 2009

Nice day for a ride

I thought I was going to be the first bike at the show:spl:

Someones ol XT already there.:?



 

panthaka

New member
imported post

imported post

Whats the weather like out there in the valley? I'm thinking of riding out there from east van Friday morning prior to my date with the booth at noon. Its been socked in fog here until about noon and I'm wondering if any of that breaks up as you get out into the valley.

Metta, Chris
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

panthaka wrote:
Whats the weather like out there in the valley? I'm thinking of riding out there from east van Friday morning prior to my date with the booth at noon. Its been socked in fog here until about noon and I'm wondering if any of that breaks up as you get out into the valley.

Metta, Chris

The weather East of Langley is Clear and Warm

I would not recommend riding after 5PM

Just got home 7pm and its pretty scary:hr:

Tom
 

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

:dr:Thanks to our awesome helpers the DSBC booth is all set up and ready for the weekend.

Many thanks to Mike at Pacific BMW for lending us aBMW G450X and gear for the weekend :clap:















The DualSportBC booth is located in the Exhibitors tent right across from the Yamaha Kidz Riding area.

For those members volunteering this weekend WEAR WARM CLOTHS. Also, leave all valuables at home. There really is no where in the booth to leave bags or personal items.

-Judy-
 
K

Kawasakied

Guest
imported post

imported post

Booth looks fantastic! Looking forward to seeing it in person.:clap:

--Ed
 

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

The set up of the EnduroCross track today was amazing. Everyone worked REALLY hard and did a SPECTACULAR job. I will post photos but not tonight. You will have to come out to the Motorcycle Show and witness the spectacle first hand. Seasoned riders/moto-x racerswho tested the course said it was challenging.
 

donbcivil

New member
imported post

imported post

This is great! Looking forward to being there, meeting as many DSBC and RAT folks as possible and helping out!

Happy happy happy happy.......
 
Top