DSBC and the Vancouver Motorcycle Show

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Here are a few photos of the EnduroCross course set up from yesterday. During the day the weather was spectacular but once the sun went down BBBRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr it was COLD. But those hard working DSBC members kept at it until the course was done :dr:

Bill from 5th Gear (one of our DSBC Sponsors) was the first one to test a few of our obstacles on his Husky and then on his Quad :hb:

Ted Blow was the first one to go over the Bus Hop :mb:

Many thank to Peter from Peter's Cartage for dropping of the hog fuel bin

First Endurocross event is at 11:15 this morning and then at 2:30 this afternoon.

See you at the Show

-Judy-

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

January 24 2009

We staged the first two enduros and the track held up well, just some small repairs after some pretty skilled riders made their way around the track. The riders were very happy with the track DSBC built for them.

Two Rides today 230 and 530 if you are a newer rider and want to see how a really seasoned skilled rider handles their bike you should get down here. you can watch them tackle some pretty hard obstacles from only feet away.

Tom

T

Trondomatic

imported post

imported post

Can't wait to see it tomorrow.

Hey, before we tear down the track, can we have a go at it with our dual sports? Think a KLR could do it?

Hmmm...this sounds like the beginning of a bad idea. :shoot:

volcon

imported post

imported post

Excellent job on the course and real crowd pleaser. Here's some pictures of it being put the test.

Almost forgot about this guy.

T

Trondomatic

imported post

imported post

Uh, now that I've seen the pictures, I think I'll just watch! That looks like a ton of fun on a small bike.

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Volcon

THANKS for the excellent photos. They are fantasic!!!!This event isincredible and the riders are so talented. We have taken many many photos and we will post them after the weekend.

-Judy-

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Trondomatic wrote:
Uh, now that I've seen the pictures, I think I'll just watch! That looks like a ton of fun on a small bike.

Oh, come on Trond I've seen you ride that KLR . . . I'm sure you could do it. :tup:

Our very own Hawk rode the course this afternoon on his BMW 450X. I didn't see it personally but I did see the photos :dr:. I was impressed.

There is one more opportunity to see the EnduroCross this weekend. The last event is scheduled for 2:30 on Sunday afternoon.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Looks like its gonna be a nice day for a ride to the Motorcyle Show maybe a quick spin around the DSBC enduro course to warm thinks up before going on to the booth:ss:

Tom

S

SheWolf

imported post

imported post

I hate you guys....*pouts* Have fun.:hb:

Rib Eye

imported post

imported post

Just got back from riding with the Kamloops Yamaha Bus to the show. Had a GREAT DAY. Even got to sit on and droulover my new bike. (Put a deposit down on one a couple of weeks ago) Any guesses which one guys...?

Just a complete whirl wind of wall to wall bikes!!!! It's one thing we don't see here in Kamloops is the scale of such ahuge event of any kind.

Glad to finally meet you Judy, but in the excitment I missed meeting Tom, maybe next time fella.

Kudos and good job to you guys in setting up the enduro cross! I caught a bit of the practise sessions before I had to run for the bus back to Kamloops.

Phoenix

imported post

imported post

Had a great time over the weekend, glad I could help out. Was lots 'o' fun seeing those I knowand those I recognised from forum user names. Enjoyed the genuine interest in dualsporting from many different bike riders. A lot of interest from those of the adventure touring "plus grande" style of bike (1100 +). As a volunteer I thank and congratulate the hardworking group of folks that make all the DSBC events so enjoyable and successful.

Cheers, Alex.

donbcivil

imported post

imported post

Phoenix wrote:
Had a great time over the weekend, glad I could help out. Was lots 'o' fun seeing those I knowand those I recognised from forum user names. Enjoyed the genuine interest in dualsporting from many different bike riders. A lot of interest from those of the adventure touring "plus grande" style of bike (1100 +). As a volunteer I thank and congratulate the hardworking group of folks that make all the DSBC events so enjoyable and successful.

Cheers, Alex.

A big +1 to this. Getting to yack a bit with Alex, Judy, Tina and John James and other whose names I didn't get (e.g., the lady who was so much better at shooing folks from the door than me) made those few hours of volunteering a whole lot of fun.

I look forward to attending as many events as possible, this year.

Signed,

Don (One of your Southern Contingent)

imported post

imported post

The DSBC team did a great job with the EnduroCross at the bike show. I only heard positive comments from the people I talked to. Well done!

Some pics:

And my favorite bike at the show:

TLGREEN

imported post

imported post

donbcivil wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Cheers, Alex.

A big +1 to this. Getting to yack a bit with Alex, Judy, Tina and John James and other whose names I didn't get (e.g., the lady who was so much better at shooing folks from the door than me) made those few hours of volunteering a whole lot of fun.

I look forward to attending as many events as possible, this year.

Signed,

Don (One of your Southern Contingent)

Hey Don, It's great to put an avatar to a face... I'm the lady with the "move away from the door" attitude. :wi: Hope to get out riding soon & the bike show only made the desire stronger. Looks like a couple more weeks of cold & snow though.:(

Hopefully you will make it up our way for lots of rides!!

TL

Floored

imported post

imported post

Judy, Tom, Mark, etc...... (I'm not sure who all get the nod)

Excellent job in getting another great show organized, and thank you for letting me be involved. Sign me up for next year.