North Island Ride 09

Island Hopper

New member
imported post

imported post

Hi Tracy,

Anutz is about 3.25 hours from Nanaimo ferry if you B-line it.... We'll be at that campsite Friday and Saturday and someone could come out to meet you Friday night if you know what time you'll be nearing this end...
 

TOHC2

New member
imported post

imported post

This sounds like fun.


Is it possible to do this ride and hotelling it rather than camp. I have absolutely zero camping gear.
 

TLGREEN

New member
imported post

imported post

Island Hopper wrote:
Hi Tracy,

Anutz is about 3.25 hours from Nanaimo ferry if you B-line it.... We'll be at that campsite Friday and Saturday and someone could come out to meet you Friday night if you know what time you'll be nearing this end...
It looks like i may have to work late Friday night :(but I really want to make it so, I will either take the 6:55pm ferry & camp around Gold River or take the 6:20 am ferry Saturday & meet up with you guys at a gas stop. Anyone else who wants to do the over & back with me late Friday or Early Sat is welcome to join...

TL
 

Island Hopper

New member
imported post

imported post

TOHC2 wrote:
This sounds like fun.


Is it possible to do this ride and hotelling it rather than camp. I have absolutely zero camping gear.
The closest hotel to the campsite is about 30 minutes away in Woss which is also the closest settlement.....
 

BMWgal

New member
imported post

imported post

Hi Dave!
I am so bummed that I have to miss this ride! I signed myself up as a volunteer at the Islands Folk Fest..... I will have to learn to stop doing things like that... I miss other (better) opportunities....
Have a great time guys!!
Pat
 

ROOKIE54

Member
imported post

imported post

Hello David

Chalk me up for Fiday,Saturday night, will be riding up from comox leaving about 6 p.m. Also a maybe for Stardog out of Port Hardy.

Ranger Brian.

:hb:ps anyone else riding up about the same

time would be nice for company, just post up and we can make arrangements to meet.

:f:
 

vexorg

Flinger of mud
imported post

imported post

Forgot to mention that my wife is coming too, she will be on her KLX. We hope to make it to the camping area before sundown on Friday.
 

Randaroo

Member
imported post

imported post

so far the stars are lining up for me too.

Just got to find the camp coffee maker or this ship will never get off the ground.
 

Island Hopper

New member
imported post

imported post

Vex #2 added

Rookie 54 on the list

Stardog as a maybe

Randaro on the list....


BMW gal, we'll miss you this year Pat, see you on the next one...
 

Island Hopper

New member
imported post

imported post

I camped out at Anutz last night and everything looks good for Thursday night....

Rather than meeting and camping near Cambell river Thursday night we will grab some area at Anutz to ensure a spot for the weekend....

Coming in from the highway at the Zeballos junction the signage directing you to Anutz looks very good except the sign at the last intersection is faded and unreadable.... When you get to this intersection continue straight on river road for half a KM {do not turn left towards the caves} until you see the Anutz recreation area signs left arrow.....

A few notes

- If your bikes have a smallish fuel tank you should bring along a jerry to have at camp to top up....

- You should bring something to cook at camp for the evening meal and morning snack unless you want to ride to Woss and eat at the lucky logger...

- The lake is fairly warm so bring your swim gear...

- Also a great lake for canoeing

- If you have an Island backroads mapbook, bring it along...
 

Fjr eh

Member
imported post

imported post

Maybe some flagging tape would be a good idea?

So, the turns are easy to identify. It sounds like it route might be tricky, if arriving at dusk or dark.

Mark
 
A

AdventureGirl

Guest
imported post

imported post

Hey Dave, AG here (aka Paula) Put me on the fence. Working out a kink in my neck. Might want to load the drz into my Van and drive up. Can I B line it from Seattle in a day? If so I would be in for Friday and Saturday nights.

AG
 

bajaman

New member
imported post

imported post

Island Hopper wrote:
Status: Online Posted: Tue Jul 7th, 2009 04:35 PM
button2_left.gif
spacer.gif

The updated list: Question mark means maybe...


Here is a list of the names I have so far: Question mark means maybe...


5-Bajaman #1?
6-Bajaman #2?
Take off the question marks...:clap:We will be there Thursday night.:woohoo:
 

Island Hopper

New member
imported post

imported post

AdventureGirl wrote:
Hey Dave, AG here (aka Paula) Put me on the fence. Working out a kink in my neck. Might want to load the drz into my Van and drive up. Can I B line it from Seattle in a day? If so I would be in for Friday and Saturday nights.

AG

Shouldn't be a problem to get up here in a day from Seattle....
 

Loz

New member
imported post

imported post

Anyone want to meet up for the ride from south Island up? Could meet mainland folks at Nanaimo.

I'm thinking of leaving mill bay at around 5pm for a fastish ride up and arrival at around 9-10pm if that timing suits I'd be glad of the company.
 

Taxguy

New member
imported post

imported post

Which day Steve?

Loz wrote:
Anyone want to meet up for the ride from south Island up? Could meet mainland folks at Nanaimo.

I'm thinking of leaving mill bay at around 5pm for a fastish ride up and arrival at around 9-10pm if that timing suits I'd be glad of the company.
 

Island Hopper

New member
imported post

imported post

Fjr eh wrote:
Maybe some flagging tape would be a good idea?

So, the turns are easy to identify. It sounds like it route might be tricky, if arriving at dusk or dark.

Mark

Not a bad idea or maybe I'll make up a cardboard sign to put up at the last T junction where a wrong turn is possible...


113Anutz_map_001.jpg


This map is a little fuzzy but if you look below Nimpkish you can see Anutz lake and my attemp to hi-lite the road in...
 
Top