North Island Ride 09

Buck

Moderator
imported post

imported post

Langford, eh!definitely not city folk.:cool:Will take on a bear over a two legged cougar anyday. Mater of fact, I did! :hr:

Getting back on track...:)

Is anyone bringing a propane barbecue?

Are campfires ok? Should we bring firewood or a chainsaw?

Is there drinkable water? Outhouses?

Don't forget bug spray. :mad2:
 

Island Hopper

New member
imported post

imported post

Hey Mike,



This last weekend we had a small fire but waited till late in the day for the thermals to die down before we lit it and we also used mostly bark for fuel which burns without sparking....

The upcoming weekend may be a different story with the way things are drying out.... A propane BBQ or a large bag of charcoal briquets lit in the firepit may be the safe way to go... There was a supply of firewood laying beside each firepit that the caretakers brought in and I didn't see any campfire ban posted....

I'll be riding in on my bike but would probably have room to strap on a bag of broil king...

There are 4 outhouses on site....


I used the lake water for cooking with.... And for drinking I ran it through my filter pump first....

:)






 

bajaman

New member
imported post

imported post

Some pics from our trip from this time last year..



Getting some R&R...:woohoo:














 

bajaman

New member
imported post

imported post

Mrs bajaman has Thursday off....so pack up tomorrow and head out first thing

Thursday morning and hopefully be there by lunch!!!:bliss::woohoo:
 

bajaman

New member
imported post

imported post

Buck wrote:
Is anyone bringing a propane barbecue? YES......We are...propane bydonation...Donation cup will be put by BBQ:Stir..............long story,had to be there.:br::mad2:

Are campfires ok?Sure ifyou want your 15 min of fame to be.."that guy who lit up the North island":gaah:
Should we bring firewood or a chainsaw? See above answer..:shock:
:hb::dr:
 

Taxguy

New member
imported post

imported post

You can remove the ? by my name, I am in:hb:.

Will be riding from Nanaimo, leaving by 5PM.:tup:
 
Y

yamalama

Guest
imported post

imported post

Geeez, just noticed the thread.
May have to get creative with the boss.......
Is there an age limit? :cool::cool:
 
Y

yamalama

Guest
imported post

imported post

Sounds great.
About 4 hours from Nanaimo, seem right?
Any rides going out from the campsite on Friday?
 
M

Mr. Harrod

Guest
imported post

imported post

Unfortunately I am out for this weekend. Just got back from 2 weeks in the Yukon/Alaska area and the garden says - You are not going camping again before going back to work on Sunday. Enjoy. Thanks to David and those organizing this weekend because I know it will be good.

M. Harrod
 

Island Hopper

New member
imported post

imported post

yamalama wrote:
Sounds great.
About 4 hours from Nanaimo, seem right?
Any rides going out from the campsite on Friday?
About 3-3.5 hrs from Nanaimo...

We will be riding Friday...

I'll put you on the list as a maybe....
 

Island Hopper

New member
imported post

imported post

Mr. Harrod wrote:
Unfortunately I am out for this weekend. Just got back from 2 weeks in the Yukon/Alaska area and the garden says - You are not going camping again before going back to work on Sunday. Enjoy. Thanks to David and those organizing this weekend because I know it will be good.

M. Harrod
We'll catch you on the next one Will...
 
Top