imported post
imported post
Good morning Tim. The route that you listed is inpassable. I beleive that when the roads were first being put in, the thought was to connect them, but then the mountains seemed to get in the way. Silly mountains. I know alot of locals would like this to work, but it does not. I have been to the end on either side just to confirm that there is no loop.
sparklr is correct, that if you want to leave tarmac at Telkwa, then the Telkwa Pass is the best route to Terrace. This route will shave off the most time and be the most direct route, plus the most scenic.
From Terrace, I am not sure if you want to go to Rupert and catch a ferry to Alaska or if you want to continue up Hwy 37 to Alaska.
If you want to go up Hwy 37, then I suggest the first part of the loop that we are planning, Terrace - New Aiyansh - Cranberry FSR to Hwy 37. From there, it is a straight shot on the Hwy to Yukon / Alaska. I do not know of many loop roads in that neck of the woods, but I can look into it is need be as I have a freind that lives in Dease Lake.
sparklr will also be able to help you with some side roads, if there are any between Terrace and Rupert.
I can make some other loops for you, just depending on your timeframe. Just let me know and I will make it so.
Also, just throwing it out there, if the time works for you, you can join us on our Telkwa Pass run, camp with us the night, and depart north once we hit Hwy 37 on day 2.