• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

2008 Van Isle Dualsport Rally , The Orca Run

K

KLR Kid

imported post

imported post

Jimbo wrote:
Hi KLR

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can convert a track into a route....I think it is something to do with routable waypoints.....like I say I'm not sure.

I have made 4 routes from the Orca C track the hard way.....I had to make 4 sections due to limitation on number of waypoints per route.

If you PM me your email address I can send you the gdb file with the routes.

The track itself is still quite useful as a reference......you just don't get the magic purple line....which can lead you astray especially on TopoCanada roads....you also don't get eta, turn directions etc which are not all that necessary on logging roads.

I am assuming you have a Garmin unit.

Jim

Thanks Jimbo,

I do have a Garmin...60CSx

I sent you a PM

:hb:

J

Jimbo

imported post

imported post

Dorky wrote:
Tracks to routes. Routes to tracks. Garmin to Magellin. .gps to .gpx to .kml. to VPDUs (vulcan planetary directional units)

You name it, this is the answer.

http://www.gpsbabel.org/
Great....thanks I'll give this a try.

windaddiction

imported post

imported post

WAhooo

Awesome ralley guys. Hope everyone enjouyed th island. I though the B loops rocked. And the weather couldn't have been better.... except for the cold ngiht of camping brrrr. Hope to see more of you on other rides in the future

greenlake

imported post

imported post

I couldn't agree more. Awsome trails and a great bunch of people to ride with. A BIG thanks to all the Island team for the work they did.

J

Jimbo

imported post

imported post

Three Cheers for the Orca Run Group organizing folks:clap:.....very well done...I had a great day...the C loop had a great mix of road conditions and pit stops as well .... :hb:

BMWgal

imported post

imported post

A Great Big Thank You to all the organizers of the Orca Run!:clap: Mike, Julius, Lee, and everybody else that made it happen! :dr:We had a great time. The C loop was well mapped out, the campsite was terrific, andwe got to meeta bunchof really great people! We hope to see most ofyou at the Dead Zone and ride with more of you Islanders when ever we get the chance! :ss:

:hb:

ToadRide

imported post

imported post

Aaaahhhhh. Finally. After being pried out of the shower with a crowbar, I am finally able to post. It was a great adventure and a fine way to tune my motorcycle camping skills. I think, now, I 've almost got it! And, looking out the window I see really starting to rain so the Sun Dance worked perfectly.

Great to meet so many new friends and, all in all, a flawless weekend. Way to go, guys.(You know who you are.) I be posting pics soon. And, SlimyLimy. Don't forget to post the snowman.

Buck

imported post

imported post

ToadRide wrote:
And, SlimyLimy. Don't forget to post the snowman.
HaHa! We passed the 'snowman' on the final sweep last night... well done!

sodbuster

imported post

imported post

00Buck wrote:
ToadRide wrote:
And, SlimyLimy. Don't forget to post the snowman.
HaHa! We passed the 'snowman' on the final sweep last night... well done!
Great day! Other than a coooool start, Right On. Nice to meet a few of the lads from the Mainland. By the time I made it back to Ladysmith there was 400 klms on the old DRZ, I don't think it knew what had hit it.Good job lads& lassies.

Loz

imported post

imported post

Well that went well. I haven't had so much fun:dr: since last time I rode all day,:wi: on excellent trails, :clap:with great company,:mi: in perfect weather:ss:.

It was good to put faces to names and names to handles. It was very good to find everyone made it through in one piece. No mean feat on the B ride ! What a work out; my shoulders are sore.

We'll be doing that again for sure. How about a debrief thread to collect ideas and suggestions for improvement?

Thanks to everyone for their participation and making it a run to remember. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Loz out.

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

imported post

You guys rock! This was an awesome event. Many thanks for all your hard work. Will definitely put this event on my calendar for next year!

Rambocycle

imported post

imported post

I would like to say my Thanks also to the organizers, the hosts of the event! :tup::tup::tup:

You guys sure know how to show a girl a good time..!!:hb::hb: I had such fun.

The Weather person who did the Sun Dance :ss:KUDOS you did a great job! Little chilly first thing, but the day only got better!

My special thanks to my 2 new friends Pat (BMW GAL) and Ray (RAY DI ANT) Thanks for lettingme hang with you guys. Even if you did give the route sheet to John who promptly went the wrong way.. ;)(sorry John) Oh well we got through and we all found each other in the end.

Robert thanks for waiting for me and looking after me! What a team! Cynthia thanks for the lip stuff, but did you see my face when I got back? I hope that pic gets posted!

Thanks to our camp crew...Paul who cooked Friday night ...mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm good!! That soup was awesome, need the recipe! Thanks Mike for cooking Sat night.. you did an awesome job too. The burgers and smokies were just what was needed. :clap::clap:I was so hungry and so tired. I could not stay up past nine...

Went to bed tired but happy with dreams of an awesome day riding. :dr::dr:

Thanks again to everyone who made this day an event to remember and put on the calendar for next year. Just name the date...we got it covered!!!

S

sgordon78

imported post

imported post

I can't believe I missed this!!!

S

sgordon78

imported post

imported post

TG6 wrote:
sgordon78 wrote:
I can't believe I missed this!!!
Were you in a jungle for the past 4 months or what?... There is always next year!!!

I guess I must have!:shoot: Hopefully there are more rides like that on the island this year cause I won't miss out anymore!

A

av8tr

imported post

imported post

Count me in for the weekend. I'll be riding a Dakar.