2009 Dead Zone in Spences Bridge (North Fraser Canyon) BC

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

Fbomb wrote:
Some parts of the pine tree are edible.

Excellent.

As WJM will attest, there is more than one road in the area with the same or similar name, which confused our lunch caterer in 2008.

By the time he figured out the errorhe got to the lunch stop almost an hour late and missed 20-30 of the riders. As a small business owner serving our event all the way from Kamloops, we can assume that the error caused him huge grief...

We are clear on the location of the lunch stop this year and Horty has assured us that he will be there and set-up intime for the fastest riders with hot food and plenty of cold bevvies.

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Information for those participants who will be bringing a Motorhome, RV or camping trailer to the Dead Zone:

You :ted:MUST :ted:contact the Acacia Grove Campsite to book a spot for yourMotorhome, RV or camping trailer.

If you just show up with your unit there will not be a space for you to put it.Last year the campground was full :gaah:.

Don't be disappointed. :talk:Call ahead to reserve your spot: CallRoy or Sarah at the Acacia and let them know you are with the DualSportBC group:

http://www.acacia-rvpark-cabins.com or 250-458-2227 or 1-800-833-7508

-Judy-

ToadRide

imported post

imported post

skidmark43 wrote:
Fbomb wrote:
Some parts of the pine tree are edible.

Excellent.

As WJM will attest, there is more than one road in the area with the same or similar name, which confused our lunch caterer in 2008.

By the time he figured out the errorhe got to the lunch stop almost an hour late and missed 20-30 of the riders. As a small business owner serving our event all the way from Kamloops, we can assume that the error caused him huge grief...

We are clear on the location of the lunch stop this year and Horty has assured us that he will be there and set-up intime for the fastest riders with hot food and plenty of cold bevvies.
Oh ya, baby!!!

R

RawkusXR650

imported post

imported post

I know that the dead line has past....but I just found out about this event today!!!:( So is there any chance I can still register???

bossche

imported post

imported post

I am planning to ride up to the Dead Zone this year and looking for some that would like to ride up with me.

The plan is to go up east Harrison to Nahatlatch RD then the west side of the Fraser to Lytton and take the ferry across. Gas up and take HWY 1 for the last 40 KMs.

I am planning to leave the Vancouver area on Friday July 3[suP]rd[/suP] in the morning.

For the return trip I was thinking of going through Lillooet, and Seton Portage to D’Arcy, Mount Currey and Harrison East on Sunday.

Please PM me if you would be interested in join up for one or both of the legs.

skidmark43

imported post

imported post

RawkusXR650 wrote:
I know that the dead line has past....but I just found out about this event today!!!:( So is there any chance I can still register???

Please send JavaJude a PM as soon as possible.

She sent the shirt order yesterday and I'm finalizing the food now...

skidmark43

imported post

imported post

nickjtc wrote:
Any news on when the rollmap will be available?

Judy has been working on the 'EZ' rollchart and Tom on the 'HARD' chart.

An incredible amount of work (and wine consumption)...

We haven't finalized the delivery method (email the charts or email you a password to download the charts off the site).

I would expect that you should see something in your inbox on Sunday June 28th.

Mark

B

Blackie

imported post

imported post

Is it too late to sign up for the Dead Zone??

skidmark43

imported post

imported post

Rock Chucker 1 wrote:
just wondering whats available in spences bridge for services, ie, food and bevies?

Firstly, please stay tuned to this section for info on what WE will have available for you (WE have Friday night, Saturday brekkie, trail lunch and dinner covered + beer on-site).

The 'PackingHouse Pantry & Cafe' offers terrifice coffee, pie, breakfasts & lunches and is about 500m from our campground. They also have a basic convenience store...

The 'Logcabin Pub' has a little bit of food on the menu and offers off-sales.

Not much else in the little town. NO GAS. So your last fill-up would be Lytton, Cache Creek or Merrit.

Mark