2009 Dead Zone in Spences Bridge (North Fraser Canyon) BC

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Some of my photos.

The Calm before the Storm. We went to Spences Bridge on Wednesday to do some last minute prep.

The boys (Neiland Paul) did a little pre-ride hill climbing

We had some fun on the quads. Thanks to Pacific Yamaha BMW and 5th Gear for lending the machines to us for the weekend

I never thought I'd see the day when Tom T would ride a quad!!!!

A group of us (Kiwi, Buck, XmikeR, Rambo and I) did some pre-ride ribboning around McLean Lake

Then we did some post-ride swimming in the river. Beemer joined us for this.

Early Saturday morning at the Riders Meeting

Julius were you listening when Tom said "You have all day to hurt yourself. You don't have to do it in the first 20kms"

Many Many Many THANKS to Matthew and Mike who helped out during this incident

Then it was off to catch up to the group at the lunch stop

Much Thanks to Brad and Paul for hauling the gas to the lunch stop

These folks, Kevin and Lynda, came all the way out from Ontario to join us for this event

BMW Alley - if you don't have a BMW your can't park here!!

Look at all of those happy tired faces . . . and that nice sea of red shirts

Well, that wraps its up for me for another Dead Zone. Thanks to everyone who helped out and we'll do it all again next year.http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=16062&size=big&sort=1&cat=500http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=16062&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

Oh ya, one more thing . . . Beemer would now like to be referred to as "The King"

greenlake

imported post

imported post

kevin11 wrote:
Very cool that the organizers let my buddy who drove up with me enter at the last minute. Too bad for him he got a flat tire 30 km into the ride.

Worst Moments:
- Coming of the bike unpleasantly due to going to fast and not successfully negotiating a ditch that was in the middle of a perfectly good piece of old dirt road.

- Realizing that a stock KTM tank cannot reach the lunch stop even after strapping 2 litres of fuel to my fender. Was no fun coasting down the logging roads and praying I would make it to cache creek on fumes.

Lessons learnt:
1.) ealry bird doesn't always cath the worm.
2.) always carry tubes or patch kit
3.) safe old dirtroads, aren"t always!
4.)big goofy looking after market tanks sometimes have purpose

Sounds like you guys had an action packedevent! Never a dull day at the Dead Zone:D

K

kevin11

imported post

imported post

Lessons learnt: 1.) ealry bird doesn't always cath the worm. 2.) always carry tubes or patch kit 3.) safe old dirt roads, aren"t always! 4.)big goofy looking after market tanks sometimes have purpose Sounds like you guys had an action packed event! Never a dull day at the Dead Zone:D

Yes, I would say you are 100% correct with the lessons learnt.

It was a very action packed event - looking forward to next year.

greenlake

imported post

imported post

If the "safe old dirt road" you where refering to, had a cross ditch with some wood in the bottom of it, I was lured into the same false sense of security.:shoot:

K

kevin11

imported post

imported post

If the "safe old dirt road" you where refering to, had a cross ditch with some wood in the bottom of it, I was lured into the same false sense of security.

Yep, that's the ditch - looks harmless enough after the fact but throw in some speed and it got my ass off the bike good.

greenlake

imported post

imported post

That's funny. AsI was approachingI saw a group ahead stopped, I new something was up, and all of a sudden it was me...:shock: I made it through unscathed but for some soiled underware,the group on side of road appeared to be fixing broken clutch lever and re positioning riding gear. I think they where still having fun though.

Choulton

imported post

imported post

Great fun weekend, thanks to all the organizers.

Only ran out of gas once, so a big thanks the the KLR rider who stopped and gave me gas. If only I hadn't ridden right past the lunch stop!!! I'm sure it was at way point 8.

joker650

imported post

imported post

By far my fav section was the back side up to Cornwall....

ThaT jUST FRIK'n R O C K E D :woohoo:

A few more pics of the group.

Someone broke a lever coming up the loose stuff.

Dorky and I got to rest a while.

Getting into the tighter spots.

Dead battery....aw crap man...Push&GO :tup:

Back at camp..after dinner refreshments:hb:

War stories.

And finally.....

Making sure NOBODY GOT ANY SLEEP :TTT:

Can't waite for next years:hf: