2010 Vancouver Island ORCA RUN May 8, 2010

panthaka

imported post

imported post

So, what do you think Max? Would a klr withe stock gearing and D606's make out all right?

Be happy, Chris

panthaka

imported post

imported post

I think there are a bunch of us klrs hoping to do the "B" route. Maybe we should all stick together and help each other out. I tried some single track up the north side of Burnt bridge a couple of weeks with my new D606's and made short work of the creek crossings and logs that I encountered.

Sure hope I'm not working...

Be happy, Chris

Mad Max

imported post

imported post

panthaka wrote:
So, what do you think Max? Would a klr withe stock gearing and D606's make out all right?

Be happy, Chris

I think you'd enjoy it more with the smallest $25.00 front sprocket you could put on your bike BUT I did see it happen last week . Like Loz said"It's not what you got but how you use it." If you really care about scratches or your plastic think twice...If you are proud to ride Frankenbike GO FOR IT!!!

Air Down

Max

P.S. 606's are waaay more agressive than Nicks tires were

JIPPERR

imported post

imported post

hi all! I'm starting to get pretty excited for the ORCA RUN!! one question, is a BCORMA membership included in the registration? if not do we need one?? thanx!!

:) :hb: :cool: :p

JP

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Buck wrote:
Hi JP. At only a $40 Orca entry fee, sorry its not included.

BCORMA membership is $30 through their website.

http://bcorma.geovisionenvironmental.com/node/91

or $40 with bonus DSBC bling through this site.

PM JavaJude for info. :)

Membership is encouraged but not required for the Orca.

Info thread:

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=9639&forum_id=102

Hi All

I will be at the Orca Run next weekend and I will have the BCORMA Trail Pass package available for sale. The $40 Trail Pass package includes:

1. A 2010 BCORMA Trail Pass
  2. A reflective DSBC decal
  3. A mini DSBC decal
  4. A DSBC key chain
  5. A DSBC pocket calendar
DSBC supports the BCORMA Trail Pass Program as the funds go towards the building and maintance of the trails in BC that we enjoy riding. None of the funds go to the gov't. The funds are collected by and distributed to off-road motorcycle clubs.

:hijacked

Sorry about the hijack . . . . just one more thing . . .

I will also have DSBC ball caps ($15)and toques ($15) available for sale at the Orca Run. Just come and find me or one of the "Bus" people and we'll take your money and give you great stuff.

-Judy-

Buck

imported post

imported post

JavaJude wrote:
Hi All

I will be at the Orca Run next weekend and I will have the BCORMA Trail Pass package available for sale. <<<
-Judy-
Thanks for posting the details Judy. :tup:

Kiwi

imported post

imported post

Regarding all the PM's I'm receiving asking about the roll charts and gps tracks...

I should have everything emailed out on Monday.

I am still waiting for the routes and gps track info to be completed!

Thanks for your patience.

I will post up here when it is emailed out.

Some of you may not receive the email because:
  • You didn't provide an email address
  • You provided an incomplete email address
  • You provided an illegible email address

C

Chevy

imported post

imported post

panthaka wrote:
I think there are a bunch of us klrs hoping to do the "B" route. Maybe we should all stick together and help each other out. I tried some single track up the north side of Burnt bridge a couple of weeks with my new D606's and made short work of the creek crossings and logs that I encountered.

Sure hope I'm not working...

Be happy, Chris

I did the 'B' last year on my XL; don't think my 08 KLR would have madeit... just too heavy for the single track, even with fresh 606's on.

Year before last I did the 'C' with the KLR and had a great time. Wish I could make it this year!

Buck

imported post

imported post

The rally campsite is open Friday at noon. Friday and Saturday night is included in your entry fee.

Riders are welcome to stay extra days before or after the rally but must pay the usual camping fees.

In case anyone arrives earlier keep in mind certain areas need to be available for sponsor displays, registration, food services and committee tables and camping.

These might not be well marked so please set up further afield or you might be asked to move.

The general reserved area to avoid is the large grassy section near the cookshack and stage on both sides of the road, plus the first few treed campsites in that area.

Thanks!

wjm

imported post

imported post

If anyone has to cancel attending the Orca run, I would like to pick up their spot.

Please PM me.

Bill

StevetheLocal

imported post

imported post

Is there anyone attending the Orca Run that can help a relative newbie with uploading zipped (?) GPS/GPX files into my GPS? Apparently I may not be alone in this???

I will pay in beer and heap positive adulation upon your head!?! :?

Steve

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

I will bring the DSBC laptop with the GPS files available for uploading onto your GPS. Make sure you bring your GPS cable with you. I have a Garmin 60CSx.

You will find me at the Green GMC Tahoe with the ToyBox Trailer which will be near the big white DSBC Bus.

I will be at the campsie Friday afternoon.

-Judy-

G

Global Rider

imported post

imported post

Have the gpx files gone out? I'm registered but not recieved anything yet! Thanks

GR

shevthump914

imported post

imported post

:ss:ORCA ORCA ORCA ORCA ORCA....MAN IM SO EXCITED:dr::bliss::woohoo::f:GONNA BE FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Kiwi

imported post

imported post

I have emailed out Roll Charts and GPS Tracks.

Some of you may not receive the email because:
  • You didn't provide an email address
  • You provided an incomplete email address
  • You provided an illegible email address
If you have not recieved an email, please provide me with your full name and email address.

t rev

imported post

imported post

So...I've uploaded the GPS tracks and it looks the A loop is broken up into 3 seperate tracks with an A/B connector track to link them up via the pavement.
Would it be possible to make the entire A loop into one track? It would be so much easier for looking at while riding.

Mad Max

imported post

imported post

t rev wrote:
So...I've uploaded the GPS tracks and it looks the A loop is broken up into 3 seperate tracks with an A/B connector track to link them up via the pavement.
Would it be possible to make the entire A loop into one track? It would be so much easier for looking at while riding.
I don't know anything about GPS but i do know it is 3 different areas

Maybe the Fozzies could help you

Max