North Island Ride 09

pittiepride

New member
imported post

imported post

Looks like the boss won't give my husband the time off so we are going to be out Bummer. Was really looking forward to it!
Kara and Ken
 

Loz

New member
imported post

imported post

Taxguy wrote:
Which day Steve?

Loz wrote:
Anyone want to meet up for the ride from south Island up? Could meet mainland folks at Nanaimo.

I'm thinking of leaving mill bay at around 5pm for a fastish ride up and arrival at around 9-10pm if that timing suits I'd be glad of the company.
That would be Thursday for arrival at Anutz lake on Thursday night.
 

Loz

New member
imported post

imported post

I need new rear brake pads for the beemer but don't have time to go to Victoria to get them this week before the ride. I'm wondering if there is anyone could pick up a set and bring them with them. Could be from Victoria or Vancouver area. It's a 2001 1150 GS. Any takers?
 

shevthump914

New member
imported post

imported post

Hey Dave , Im a GO for the weekend , i will most likely either pack fuel or find someone to bring some two stroke juice in for me in a vehicle, either way im looking forward to it !!!!!!..Paul....Oh ya i will be going for the friday night an saturday ...IS ANYONE ELSE FROM NORTH ISLAND RIDING THERE ON FRIDAY NIGHT ?..cheers
 

Buck

Moderator
imported post

imported post

I camped at Anutz Lake two years ago in August after visiting David on Malcolm Island, there was no one else there. The road in is excellent gravel and fairly easy to locate. We will arrive Thursday and will flag the route in, unless David has done it by then.

Here is a neat website with some terrific pictures and information to get you excited about the area.

http://www.stillinthestream.com/files/2009/07/anutz-lake.html

..there is also a link to a Canada Topo map to zoom in on.
 

Buck

Moderator
imported post

imported post

Loz wrote:
I need new rear brake pads for the beemer but don't have time to go to Victoria to get them this week before the ride. I'm wondering if there is anyone could pick up a set and bring them with them. Could be from Victoria or Vancouver area. It's a 2001 1150 GS. Any takers?

Steve, I can pick the brake pads up for you on Tuesday.

Let Brian at Island BMW know, so the parts are ready to go.
 
G

Guest

Guest
imported post

imported post

Hey Loz, I am heading down to victoria Monday and over night for an early appt in Vic Tues am and back up to McNeill for Tues PM. I will be available to p/u parts for you at 10 AM Tues.

.If you like,...Arrange it and let me know I will pm my contact Numbers.



Paul


OOPs, Guess it helps to read all the posts.....
 

Loz

New member
imported post

imported post

So that's three offers to buy my brake pads for me. Cheers guys:hb:. You meet the nicest people on a motorcycle.
Thanks all but I got it covered. Aflica is gointg to pick them up for me on Tuesday and I'll get them from him in mill bay.

Mike; are you and Kiwi trucking up on Thursday evening?
 

Buck

Moderator
imported post

imported post

Loz wrote:
Mike; are you and Kiwi trucking up on Thursday evening?

The plan is to leave Victoria very early Thursday morning with an overloaded truck. Possibly two bikes and gear, a solo kayak and maybe... a dog.

Making two stops near Courtenay on the way up so should arrive at Anutz Lake by mid afternoon.
 

Taxguy

New member
imported post

imported post

Put me down as a maybe, will be riding up Thursday. Loz, I could meet you in Nanaimo and ride up with you (if I can keep up):clap:
 

Island Hopper

New member
imported post

imported post

If some of you guys get to the campsite before me on Thursday try to get into and claim the right corner area for our group as it has the nicest beach....

IMG_2120.jpg

Right corner near the teepee structures....

The lakeshore has some interesting Karst formations
IMG_2138.jpg


As well as the nearby Huson Caves...
IMG_2144.jpg


IMG_2145.jpg


The weather forcast is calling for 20-30 C for the area next weekend so things are looking good...
 

Shifty

New member
imported post

imported post

I wish I was able to go this year... bummer :(
Hope everyone has a great time.
If theres another one later in the year pencil me in!

Cheers
 

beaver steve

New member
imported post

imported post

We're a go for a Friday morning departure out of Courtenay...should be there by early afternoon. Bringing the two:f: as well.
 
Top